Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The artist's day

I've been working on a new Bauble. It's just not going right. This morning I unpicked two days worth of embroidery.
Then I drove Mr.T to the doctor's - he who went on a trip to the snow late last week, and predictably, fell off his snowboard. Nasty swollen wrist.
At 11, he rang "I have to go to Bendigo, the local x-ray machine is on the blink." (his Mum, Ms. J. is at work all day) 60k round trip to find out if his wrist is broken.
I came home, surveyed the needlepocked and slightly grimy Bauble, and sewed up a new one.
4.15, back to the doctor for a verdict on the x-rays.
6 p.m, Mr. T finally emerged, resplendent in a large, knuckle-to-elbow plaster cast.
Arrived home neck and neck with Ms. J, cooked dinner (fried rice, the best thing that happened all day. Enough left over for Ms. J's lunch tomorrow, too)
After dinner, devise a plastic bag/elastic band combo for Mr. T's shower in the morning.
8 p.m. stuff new Bauble. Turns out I should have used a heavier interfacing, the seams twisted as I stuffed it. Aaaagghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment