Thursday, July 2, 2009

Serenity

For this Bauble I began with blue cotton fabric, which I sponged with acrylic paint in a paler blue- as quite a lot of the fabric would show, I wanted to add a bit of texture.
The design came from a doodle. I tidied it up a bit, enlarged it on the photocopier, printed it on copy paper, then cut it out, making a template which I pinned onto the ball and traced around with a white gel pen.
The outline is stem stitch worked in Pearl 8 cotton, the "feathers" are worked in two strands of stranded cotton.
I like it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. you already know that this is one of my favourites [ and the Delft one ] but I thought I'd say it again here 'in public' :]
    btw I have a few teeny scraps of rovings left over from spinning, can you / would you use them with the needle felting ? If so I'll save 'em till I see you.

    ReplyDelete