Friday, November 27, 2009

A decent puddle

After last week's heatwave, we have had lovely rain - 50ml (2 inches) here in the last few days. On my way down the street yesterday, I saw this huge puddle, no doubt there's a blocked drain in there somewhere.
And the rain had turned this patch of oil into a small piece of art.
Thanks to the cooler weather I have nearly finished the top of the charity quilt, and I've been experimenting with some crochet. (I get these crochet attacks from time to time, but I've learned to live with them.)
There are lots of online photos of wonderful hexagon blankets, like this one, but nearly everyone seems to use the same pattern.

I wanted something a bit different, so I came up with these. Not sure about the final colours yet, and they are rather small - I calculate I'd need 248 for a reasonably sized blanket. Is that doable, I wonder; would I ever finish them? I don't have a very good track record for finishing crochet rugs. (But I will finish that ripple rug, trulyI will, - eventually)
Baubles, you ask? There are actually two 'on the go', but not enough hours in the day...

3 comments:

  1. Love the puddles with the oil.
    Hope you come up with a way to use it as art in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. I am absolutely fascinated with your Baubles.
    I have seen every single page on your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color combinations in the crocheted little thingies (note the technical term). I didn't learn to crochet till I was almost 30 and then I asked my grandmother to teach me. I still prefer knitting.

    Marcie - I am just a regular person -- trust me on this! Thanks for reading my blog. Glad I found yours.

    ReplyDelete