Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gazanias galore

I've been admiring brilliant displays of these cheerful daisies all over town.
They mostly colonise nature strips, and are considered 'weeds', but the gardener at the Uniting Church obviously likes them; combined with pink succulents they make a happy picture.
Closer to home, these are growing outside my fence, some of them are lovely soft colours,
others a bit more strident.

Very little progress with the current Bauble, I just couldn't keep my hands off the Noro wool, and have begun a scarf. Pictures soon.

And I'm reading this
a most useful little book, which gives calorie/kilojoule values for absolutely everything you could imagine eating, including lots of brand name products + fat, carb & fibre contents.
I bought it here, and my copy arrived speedily. It's a useful site, with lots of helpful information and dieting tips - and all free.

Why? Because one of the results of my lovely weekend, was discovering just how unfit I really am!
I actually struggled to climb all those steps up from the beach, and was uncomfortably breathless at the top. Not good.

Unfortunately, when you like to sew, embroider, and crochet you don't move around much. So I've started walking, just short distances for a start. I took the dog with me yesterday, and found that, though pathetically grateful, she's nearly as unfit as I am! Clearly regular walks will do us both good.
I'm seriously considering getting a pedometer, to keep me motivated, because clearly this needs to be a permanent regime. 'Regime' sounds a bit off-putting, doesn't it? But I hate newspeak like 'lifestyle change'.
I'd also like to shed about 10 kilos, hence the calorie counting. Wish me luck, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment