Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lazy blogger

It's been six weeks or so since I last posted, and I really have no excuse. I just sort of fell by the wayside. It's so easy, I've discovered, to fall off the blogging wagon, and quite hard to climb on again - and the longer you leave it, the harder it becomes.
The main reason for stopping was that I had no new Baubles to show you (although there is one on the way, almost finished.) The previous one wasn't completed because I fell out of love with it, almost at the finishing post :-(
Then I fell out of love with cotton stuffing, too; and then I spent a week or two refining the basic pattern, to make it less prone to unexpected distortions. I learned a lot about fabric grain and stretchability in the process.
The new bauble finally begun, I succumbed to a crochet attack, made a scarf or two, and began a new ripple rug. And all the while, in the back of my mind, that little accusing voice "but what about the blog?"
The truth is, I didn't plan ahead when I began this blog, intending simply to tell the world about my Bauble journey. But as I've discovered, the Bauble production is far too slow for a sustainable blog - if I want to keep going, I'll have to find other things to write about - in short become a Better Blogger.
I want to continue, I enjoy blogging - but I need to think about my future direction in the blogworld. So please bear with me, I'll be back soon.
Now every blog needs some eye candy, so here are a few pics of of some of the other 'round things' I've found online.
Made from Canson paper, picture from Flickr, I saw it a while ago, sorry I didn't record the maker's name and details.
Made from a LOT of rubber bands, don't you love it? Also from Flickr, and again I have no idea who made it. (If you belong to either of these pics, and are not happy with my use of them, please let me know and I'll remove them.)

By an artist named Jamie Lee Byars, I can't find out anything more about him

No comments:

Post a Comment