Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oriental berries

Finally finished this, it speaks to me of Chinese brocades
Worked in three shades of gold, with a deep tangerine for the berries, on dark green linen.
The little cushion it sits on is my solution to the issue of display, inspired by this picture
of a dorodango, or Japanese clay ball.
Here it is unburdened, with a flower embroidered to make a hollow for the Bauble.
From the back, not quite so neat, but you can see it's made from a simple square of fabric.

On a different note, I'm still thinking and studying about the future of this blog. I invested in a couple of e-books from Diane Gilleland, over at CraftyPod. I think they are going to be really helpful; I've only read the first book "Making a Great Blog" so far, which covers topics like blogging goals, content, eye-candy, and blogging ettiquette, with lots of handy hints. I plan to take a while to study and use her work sheets to improve my blogging skills.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back and making another beautiful bauble. The cushion solution is fantastic. And an art in itself!

    Enjoyed the tour of other baubles too. Such interesting things that people make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little cushion idea, for displaying your ball! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete